George Cowden, IV
George Cowden IV is a trial lawyer and litigator who focuses on representing individuals in various product liability, personal injury, and business litigation matters. He represents clients in both state and federal courts in Texas and all across the United States.
George was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. He comes from a family of lawyers including his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. George attended Baylor University where he majored in philosophy and studied abroad in both Great Britain and Costa Rica. Prior to law school, he worked at a homeless shelter in Waco, Texas, at an advertising firm in New York City, and as a European tour guide. These diverse experiences combined with his upbringing in the law give George a unique perspective that he brings to every case.
As student at Baylor Law School, George developed a passion for advocacy in the court room. He was heavily involved in moot court and mock trial competitions. His accomplishments include being Top Overall Speaker in a Dawson & Sodd, P.C. Moot Court competition, being State Champion in an AAJ Mock Trial competition, and receiving a Strasburger & Price, LLP Mock Trial Award, recognizing him as an outstanding advocate.
In his law practice, George takes pride in representing individuals who are harmed by the wrongful conduct of others. He represents clients in all types of personal injury matters including catastrophic injuries, such as paralysis and traumatic brain injuries, as well as families in wrongful death matters. George sincerely cares about getting to know each of his clients in order to fully understand the losses they have suffered, and he is genuinely committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for each of his clients. George strongly believes in the civil justice system not only as a battleground for fairness but also as a tool to make communities safer—one case at a time.
George lives with his wife Kensie, their daughter Helen Mae, and their Great Dane.
- J.D., Baylor Law School, 2012
- B.A., Philosophy, Baylor University 2008
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Western District of Texas
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
- Smith County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Awards and Recognition
- Top Overall Speaker, Dawson & Sodd, P.C. Moot Court Competition
- State Champions, American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition
- Strasburger & Price, LLP Mock Trial Award
- Rendigs National Products Liability Moot Court Team
- National Civil Trial Competition Mock Trial Team
- Baylor Barristers Society
- Baylor Practice Court Program Student Ambassador
- Dean’s List, Baylor Law School
Contact George Cowden, IV: firstname.lastname@example.org