Chris Peirce is a trial lawyer and litigator who advocates for his clients with passion and a single-minded focus on delivering outstanding results. Chris has more than 13 years of experience litigating matters in federal and state courts throughout Texas. He has extensive experience in cases involving insurance disputes, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, construction defects, business disputes, and product liability.
Chris possesses a keen understanding of the insurance industry after serving as defense counsel for multiple insurance companies during the first 13 years of his career. That experience combined with careful planning and a focus on the issues likely to influence a case have helped produce an outstanding record of achievement for his clients and an in-depth understanding of how the other side operates.
After graduating from the University of Houston Law Center, where he served as associate editor of the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal, Chris passed the bar in November of 2004 and then worked for several years at the firm of Tucker, Taunton, Snyder & Slade (now known as Taunton, Snyder & Slade). Later, he joined the firm of Walters, Balido & Crain, where he worked primarily as a defense attorney handling first-party insurance claims. In July of 2017, he joined Hossley & Embry, bringing his extensive knowledge and experience from the defense side of first-party insurance claims to the Hossley & Embry team.
Chris was born and raised in Klein, Texas. An avid soccer player from a young age, Chris played two years of Division 1 soccer at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team. After transferring to the University of Texas to complete his undergraduate education, Chris was considered for the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships based on his academic record.
Chris is married to Erin Woodward Peirce, an elder law attorney who practices in Plano, Texas. They live in Dallas with their two dogs, Lucy and Duffy.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2004)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., Sociology)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Smith County Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Awards and Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars eight times (2009, 2012–2018) by Texas Monthly magazine — an honor bestowed on only 2.5% of Texas attorneys under the age of 40
- Rated Excellent by Avvo®
Contact Chris Peirce: email@example.com