Matt Montgomery is a trial lawyer who has litigated matters in courts throughout Texas involving first-party insurance claims, personal injury, products liability, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death and ERISA/non-subscriber claims.
He graduated from Baylor University School of Law in 2003 where he was on the Dean’s List. He began his career at Touchstone Bernays before moving to Walters Balido & Crain at its inception in 2006.
After being named a partner at Walters Balido and Crain in 2010, he managed a large docket of cases pending in North and Central Texas. Matt has significant first chair jury trial experience serving as lead trial counsel and trying cases to verdict in numerous counties across the state.
Matt’s 16 years’ experience working on behalf of multiple insurance companies provides unique insight into how they evaluate and manage claims both pre-suit and once in litigation.
Matt was raised in Corpus Christi, Texas and graduated from Incarnate Word Academy High School. He then attended Texas A&M University where he was a member of the Corps of Cadets and graduated with a B.B.A. in Management.
Matt is married to Lisa Sharp Montgomery, an educational diagnostician in private practice. He has two children, Ainsley and Palmer.
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- Texas A&M University (B.B.A., Management, 2000)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas County Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Selected as a Rising Star by Texas Monthly Magazine in 2006, 2010 and 2017, an honor bestowed on only 2.5% of Texas attorneys under the age of 40.
Contact Matt Montgomery: firstname.lastname@example.org